Thursday, April 28, 2005

kneejerk name change?

So, truth be told, the whole name change announcement went over pretty poorly with Handsome’s parents…sure, I can understand that – momentarily. But I hardly think it deserved the campaign of hysterical phone calls (to me) and incoherent emails (to him), all attempting to get him to change his mind.

Honestly.

This isn’t the kind of announcement that a grown man would make to his parents without a ton of previous consideration.

Adding more to the fire, they seem to have also forgotten that I told them that the baby would have my last name. In their world, they have decided that the jumping bambino would be far more confused by the parents sharing the same last name (Devine) than by having two separate last names (Devine and Handsome’s last name). (Say What?) I hardly think the bean is going to be all that confused by anything having to do with names throughout his or her future. Really.

So, assuming the parents are still going to allow this wedding to continue, I will meet with my wedding planner – yes, too gay to sit on the furniture just the way I like my wedding planners – tomorrow evening to review the final details and get down to the full payment of the entire gig. I forgot that we said we wanted pomegranate sherbet ($1.75 per head) in between courses. I say yes…and boy, were we just so creative back then before all this madness! Pomegranate sherbet, huh! We have since cancelled a cheese platter ($4.25 a head) and the chocolate truffles to accompany the mousse ($3.75 a head). It is amazing how things add up. Cheese platter? AFTER dinner? Where did that come from? We may have been creative but a tad overzealous.

8 days. 8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home