Thursday, June 23, 2005

Grocery Lists

Today, I craved a gyro.

At first it was French fries…oh, how I wanted to run right over to the evil fast food chain located practically right next to my office. But I held out, stuffed my mouth with trail mix, and eventually the craving switched gears to a gyro. Since I found out during my 23 week checkup last night that I have officially gained 15 lbs with this pregnancy, I was hoping to avoid such big ticket calorie items. Like the Taco Bell that has been my staple. Something about that 7-layer burrito speaks volumes to me. The occasional ice cream smorgasbord activities with Handsome while kicking back to reruns of Law & Order. The Tostitos and salsa routine. The four granola bars a day.

So, instead, I walked. I walked right past the gyro place that I adore feeling completely in control of my eating habits. I told myself that I was enjoying the sunshine. Some old man called me pretty lady despite the protruding belly. Who needs a gyro? I marched right on through a good fifteen minutes, made a full circle back towards my building, and stopped into the buffet place with the intention of piling a small salad together. Wouldn’t you know it – the gyro platter was a special there today. I didn’t even know that they had gyros.

As eating is one of the few things that keeps me happy in this pregnancy, I really have to give into my cravings every now and then. Munching down on whatever item my heart desired can result in almost orgasmic euphoria…and hey, didn’t I just walk 15 minutes? I kind of almost earned a gyro!

And damn, was it good.
Damn, I could eat another.

IT’S A GIRL BEAN – by the way. Not that I was surprised…I sort of had decided the bean would be a girl, and now Handsome and I spend a lot of conversational time hashing out the finer points of names we are attracted to for the bean. Harper, Emily, Maille, Maia, and his latest addition, Nora. (NORA??) I actually like Millicent as well, but haven’t brought that one up with Handsome just yet.

Nora? Yeah. Sounds like a nun or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home