Thursday, January 03, 2008

From 2007 to 2008

HOLA! It certainly has been a ridiculously long time since I last added anything to this poor, neglected blog. In fact, it was sweltering hot at Handsome's birthday party when I last made an entry, whereas today, the windchill factor is at (fucking) 9 degrees. 9! I have missed contact through seasonal changes and the holidays...which really says how okay life has been lately. I haven't had much to bitch about or whip into a humorous entry just to survive my way through it.

*side note to Uncle John who has learned that I do have a blog and has probably found it by now. Cursing in a blog is fun. I can't do it at work, I can't do it at home or my Bean repeats it at school. This is a great outlet and I know you want to curse to! You have been warned, and enjoy.


The announcements forthcometh:

The Bean turned 2 like a little Champ, entered pre-pre-school, and is becoming bi-lingual, speaking in English and Spanish - even enough to have created her own Spanish word "Co-LACHA" which she says with some Latina Flair. This child is so freaking smart it is unnerving. She is totally bossy too, which she may or may not have gotten from me.

I survived another semester at Hopkins - GPA 3.7 (woot!), however, I will be taking some time off in 2008 to grow our SECOND CHILD OF FABULOUSNESS, Devine Ala Dos Bambino, due July 4th, 2008 (please, bambino dos, don't come out all patriotic and republican - sorry again Uncle John, if you are reading this) . This pregnancy is totally different from last time - I have hardly had time to even care about feeling nauseous or tired - the Bean has kept me literally running after her. Which is probably why I feel so great most of the time, and why many people told me that the second pregnancy is so much easier and happier. I hope this trend continues. I no longer hate those women who flap on and on about "feeling great" during pregnancy. But I am eating like its my job though, and do have that FAT-ASS fear lurking in the back of my mind, far behind the food-cravings part of the brain, but there nonetheless. So now I just hate those women who get those perfect little basketball bellies without the Fat-Ass or Fat-Necks. Those bitches are unfairly lucky. Bitches.

We traveled to see my family for the holidays for the first time in about 7 years. It was really amazing to roll the car windows down and bask in the 75 degree weather on Christmas Day, and to take the Bean for a walk with my Mom and enjoy the sunshine. I truly miss living in Florida. We had the good fortune of enjoying the company of our California family members as well, and Handsome and I really enjoyed our visit with all of my family. Its weird, but MY family rarely stresses me out. We had a great vacation, and it broke my heart to come back "home".

The only downside to the traveling was the expenses, naturally, and that Airtran lost ALL of our luggage AGAIN. This happened last time we traveled to Florida as a pack. So this morning I didn't have a hairbrush, toothbrush, nada. I had to use an Ariel Princess hair comb designed for a barbie doll to brush my hair.

Happy New Year everyone - I am sure 2008 is going to be great. If only because fucking Bush's days are ticking away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home