Friday, December 30, 2005

Happy New Year, Ya'll

Handsome and I both despise New Year's Eve, which is why he chose this holiday to propose to me at this time last year. His logic: Every Future New Year's Eve will be a-okay as it will be the anniversary of our engagement.

And wow, man...wow when you consider the magnitude of events occurring in the last year to my recently reconfigured family of three humans and four cats. I am amazed that Clarence the Cat still graces my pillow area with night-time snuggling. I am sure that he spends the majority of his waking hours dreaming up ways to escape this house of really bad songs and never-ending change.

But aside from my old cat's crusty protests to the whirlwind of activity, I gotta say it: We were truly blessed with a fantastic 2005.

I am not all that big on New Year Resolutions, but they can work on me for at least two weeks out of the year.

For 2006, goals/resolutions:
1. To read at least one book to Bean every night. Not that hard, since I think this is the best part of my day other than when she first sees my face in the morning and gets all kicking and revved up.
2. To practice more patience. Especially with the overzealous Christians in my office.
3. Walk more, drive less.
4. To dive back into biking again. Now that the belly is out of the way and all.
5. To quit smoking. I know, I know...I look at the Bean and curse myself for this habit. I can't beat this monster, but for her, I will try once again.

I know that I can keep at least 3 outta 5. You can guess which ones, I am sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home