Monday, February 20, 2006

Moving Day

There are only a few experiences from my life that I can truly describe as exhausting: starting a new job, labor, biking the 160 miles from Rehobeth Beach to Baltimore, the first six weeks of the Bean's life, and moving residences.

Moving, it would generally be said, just sucks.

From the initial packing and the petitioning for help to the actual day of moving is so mentally and emotionally draining, I can't imagine WHY we thought it would be a good idea to do so...other than the fabulous investment in the new pad, the additional room, the tin ceilings, and getting the hell out of the cookie cutter Canton lifestyle. Yes, we have traded drunken frat boy nighttime calling for something more...urban. But it is just how we wanted it.

The house itself is still amazing to me...it is noisy and creaky, it is so much bigger than any other house I have lived in. The kitchen is breathtaking. The backyard is so quaint. We have a deck! A real deck. There is exposed brick all throughout the house, the bedrooms are perfectly sized...it is just so bloody gorgeous. I have no idea where my work clothes are or where the toothpaste went, but it is all worth it in the end.

I laid in bed next to Handsome and thought, Damn, girl, you done moved on up.

*A very HUGE thank-you to Martin and Ted. I have no idea how we would have gotten the couch in the house without you. Your help was so generous.*

2 Comments:

Blogger Baltimore Girl said...

Well, thanks! Federal to Butcher's is a similair jump. I am just thrilled to have finally landed here.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Florida Opera/Waitress said...

I NEED TO STAY FRIENDS WITH MARTIN SO HE CAN MOVE MY COUCH!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home