Monday, February 27, 2006

Table Six


It is a good thing that Handsome didn't get kicked out of the wedding for not getting his tux on time, for the wedding was a fabulous time.

It would be fair to say it was the bomb, yo.

We had such a great time with our family, my Brother and Bride's family and friends, and the food (or copius amounts of food) left a lasting impression.

Table Six - you rocked, babies. And now whenever I hear the word "Wicked", I will think of poor Devon and his monster hangover. I appreciate that Devon, Pete (Shag King?) and Jeff partied like it was 1999 for the sake of celebrating my brother's marriage. Anything less would have been blasphemous.

I was terribly nervous about leaving the Bean with her Grandparents in Philly all weekend. She had the signs of a head cold coming on, and I just hated the idea of being without her. And I was terrified that the In-Laws would take her to church or something. And although I had the first-time mother jitters, my fears weren't all that out there.

My poor little Bean was forced to dress up in my MIL Christening Dress from 1948.

Yeah.

Can you believe that they actually showed us the pictures? Shouldn't this go under the "Fetishes We Shouldn't Share With Other People" catagorey? It makes me physically fucking nauseous.

Lets hope that the Grandparents didn't take her TO church IN that christening gown.

It would be a wasted effort, fo course, as my friend Kevin pointed out to me after seeing this picture. "...I baptized her first with vision of Tiaras and German interpretations of turn of the century English and American fashions. So [another baptism] wouldn't take."

2 Comments:

Blogger Florida Opera/Waitress said...

I doubt that nay church would babtize a baby without the parents present or a birth certificate showing that the people were her guardians. Those people are CRAZY though. I can't believe that they showed your the pics either...though she looks adorable.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Dex said...

...i am your daughter, mummy...

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home